Friday, April 16, 2010

Taboli

I blogged about taboli last year in the post. I said I was going to learn to make good taboli. I never made one batch. Shame on me.

Niece Amy and I have recently discussed making the summer of 2010 our time to perfect a taboli recipe.

I started today with my first batch. I used the Bishop Brothers packaged "Taboli Wheat" and followed the recipe on the package.

I added finely chopped parsley, green onion and tomatoes.
Here's the final product.

I stirred everything thoroughly and let it sit in the refrigerator for 5 hours.

The Husband and I taste tested it together. His reaction: "This is pretty darn good!"

I feel like I hit a home run out of the park today. Thanks Bishop Brothers!

The 2010 Tabouleh Festival in Bristow will be held on May 8th. Are you planning to attend? If yes, I may see you there!

Note:
I need to develop better knife skillz. Next time I have to finely chop parsley, I'm going to try the two knife approach in this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment