Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Pioneer Woman's Olive Cheese Bread (Updated Below)

The Sister and her family came over for dinner Saturday night.

I decided to make the Pioneer Woman's Olive Cheese Bread (OCB) as an appetizer. The recipe is found on pages 206-207 of her cookbook.

All the ingredients are pictured below. I have seriously been practicing my knife skillz the last couple of days!
After all the ingredients are mixed, P-Dub said you should grab a cracker and taste the goodness. So, I did.
Spread the concoction on the halves of the bread. One to freeze and one to cook.
The one to freeze:
The one that was cooked:
This was a heavy appetizer. Good, but heavy.

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best), following is the scoring:

The Husband = 7
The Brother-in-Law = 9 (but you gotta love olives!)
The Sister = 8 (great PMS food because of the salty olives!)
Me = 7 (great PMS food with all the olives, but I'm planning to reduce them for the next attempt)

P-Dub says the OCB can be frozen for up to 6 months.

I'm planning to serve the remaining half in a couple of weeks at a birthday party. I'll let you know how that turns out after being frozen.

All in all, a success!

That P-Dub...she's amazing!

UPDATE:
Connie asked for the recipe and instead of my typing it here, I went to the PW's website and searched for a link, which is here.

Interestingly, there is a difference between the recipe on the website and in the cookbook. On the website, it calls for 6 ounces of black olives. In the book it calls for 14.5 ounce can of black olives. Big difference. I've already made a note in my copy of the cookbook!

3 comments:

  1. Would you have to shoot us if you posted the recipe? It looks like black olives, green olives, green onions, mayo . . . . .?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing. I'm giving it an 8 just for the olives alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, taking the time to do that:) I'll give it a try with the reduced amount of olives.

    ReplyDelete