Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun On A Bun

My Mom brought me a sack of recipes cut out of newspapers by my grandmother as far back as 50+ years ago, as well as those lovely kitchen appliance books you receive when you buy a new counter top grill, electric skillet, blender, etc.

I have been closely reviewing this treasure trove of 1950's, 1960's and 1970's appliance instructions, recipes and images.

I think one of my readers should make the following recipe and report back to the rest of us:

Fun On A Bun
Grind together 1 loaf Spam, 1 small onion, and 1/2 lb. cheddar cheese. Stir in condensed mushroom soup to moisten. Scoop out soft centers of buns. Fill with mixture. Heat, foil-wrapped, in oven or on grill.

Who's going to take on this challenge?

4 comments:

  1. No offense, but that makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh... I think I had a little heart attack.

    .... I'll be ok, I'm shakin' it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're always so brave! I think you should invite your family over again:)

    ReplyDelete