Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tulsa Bed & Breakfast Tour

The Husband and I participated in the Tulsa Bed & Breakfast tour on Sunday. This tour was sponsored by the Oklahoma Bed & Breakfast Association and featured six B & Bs.

The first B & B is located across from beautiful Woodward Park, which was FULL of people today enjoying the weather, enjoying the flowers and taking thousands of pictures! The 1920's era Inn at Woodward Park is lovely. I drive by this inn dozens of times each week and have always wanted to see the inside.

The second B & B is located northwest of downtown Tulsa and just to the east of Tulsa Country Club. Kennedy Mansion is a wonderful oil baron's mansion, built in the 1920's.

The third B & B is located west of Tulsa. Cedar Rock Inn is a unique property, the original portion of it built in 1890. It is so unique, The Husband and I are contemplating reserving a night there soon just for the experience.

Unfortunately, we were not able to visit the remaining three inns on the tour.

I believe Bed & Breakfast innkeepers must be a unique breed of people. They frequently take old, dilapidated houses and spend years (as well as untold thousands of dollars) to restore the property and update it with current conveniences. Then, they invite total strangers into the home to cook and clean for them, all while being extremely hospitable. Every! Day! Sounds exhausting to me...

Thanks to the Tulsa innkeepers who participated in the tour. We will be sure to recommend your properties to anyone who asks us where to stay in Tulsa!

3 comments:

  1. I could totally see myself being a hostess to people in a lovely bed and breakfast. Ah, well...it's a nice dream. Thanks for sharing! I didn't know there was a B&B tour today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely tour! I love Bed and Breakfasts-but, as a guest only. I know B&B owners must be a special breed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way I could be a Bed and Breakfast Inn keeper. I agree with you, a special type of person indeed. I do love to see lovely old restored homes.

    ReplyDelete