Monday, January 2, 2012

Things to Do in 2012

I'm not a New Year's resolution person. Never have been, never will be. But...in 2012, I am going to strive for some improvements.

1. I started the 2011 Goodreads Reading challenge in June, 2011. I said I would read 50 books before year-end and I did not meet my goal. 2012 will be different. I can do it. I love to read, so there is nothing stopping me!

2. I'm going to eat more fruit. I like bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, and other things, we just don't buy them on a regular basis. 2012 will be the year of fruit for me.

3. I plan to double the revenues for my business, Cindy's Cupboard. I've kept detailed records on what has sold in the last 6 months and I will focus my efforts on finding more of the same inventory, all while researching current trends in collectibles and vintage items.

4. I will sign on with multiple contract agencies, seeking a long-term, interesting assignment that will utilize my organization skills.

Numbers 1 and 2 should be easy enough to accomplish.

Number 3 will be a lot harder than it sounds. Anyone who has worked as a buyer in a retail environment knows that to be true.

Number 4 will also be a challenge with the current job market. However, I'm confident someone out there will need me to help them get organized!

How about you? Have you thought about some things you would like to accomplish in 2012?

4 comments:

  1. no resolutions, just things in the back of my mind that I would like to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are good commitments. I'm checking out the Goodread thing. This year I mastered 56 books read, way surpassing all I've ever done. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Goodreads too :) I'll have to look to see how many books I read last year. Looks like fun stuff in your store!! I just opened an Etsy shop, trying my hand at it. Back when I didn't have a day job I used to do tons of eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you with the resolutions - it's just not me. You sure know about some interesting sites!

    ReplyDelete