Monday, January 9, 2012

My Elevator Pitch

I worked on my elevator pitch today.

What, you ask, is an elevator pitch? Click here to read all about it.

I've edited my pitch at least 10 times. I've read my pitch to The Husband twice. Tomorrow, I plan to edit the pitch one last time and practice my delivery.

Why, you ask, am I working on an elevator pitch?

I have an interview with a staffing agency at 11:00am on January 11th. One of the options they offer their registered job candidates is a video resume that is available to their clients. What a great opportunity to make a good impression with hiring managers so they will 1) want to read your resume and 2) speak to you in person.

On Wednesday, January 11th, I'll be able to honestly say, "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment