Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Selling My Costume Jewelry

Behold, a selection of my jewelry from the late 1980's and early 1990's.


These pieces have been in a couple of small jewelry boxes, hidden away in a drawer in my nightstand. I put them there 9 years ago when we moved to this house and have not looked at them since. Prior to that move, I probably hadn't looked at or worn them for 6 or 7 years. 

As I looked at the necklaces, brooches or earrings, I vividly remembered which blouse, sweater or dress I wore with each. It was a walk down memory lane of my time in corporate America where the dress code was formal and I wore a suit, hose and heels every day.

One of the advantages to operating a booth in an antique mall is the opportunity to sell personal possessions you no longer use or love. I'm going to liberate this jewelry and allow someone else to love and wear it.

These pieces will be making their way to Cindy's Cupboard at Antique NV in a few days. 

Do you have jewelry that hasn't seen the light of day in years?

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I try to reduce the amount of old jewelry I have, my daughter stops me. She is always finding more ways to wear it. I should stop by your booth one of these days. I already know how to find the Broken Arrow Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as someone is wearing and loving your old jewelry, absolutely keep it! My pieces were just stored away, loved by no one.

      You should explore Jenks. There are a lot of antique shops there to browse. I'm at Antique NV, booth # 59.

      Delete