Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Day Lunch/Dinner

My mom and The Sister and family came over
for lunch/dinner on New Year's Day.

My tablescape was very simple.


I used a very special type of centerpiece.


Dishes filled with food!


Doesn't it make you hungry?


Menu
Spiral Sliced Ham
Fresh Green Beans 
Black Eyed Peas
Deviled Eggs
The Husband's Salad
The B-i-L's Grandmother's Apple Strudel

* My mom found the Broccoli Cornbread recipe in People magazine.
It was a big hit with our family.

Resources

Tablecloth & Napkins: Estate Sale
Dishes: Taylor Smith Taylor "Reveille" - Estate Sale 
Glasses: Forest Green Boopie - Collected over many years
Silverplate: "Queen Bess" pattern - My grandmother's service 

2 comments:

  1. How nice to have your family over. I use to always go to my Grandmother's for lunch on New Years day. Great dishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do nothing on NYD so it is so nice to see that you went to such lengths to gather with your family. You are one of a kind Cindy.

    ReplyDelete