Saturday, January 21, 2012

NaBloPoMo Status - Part 2 (or is it 3?)

I've not been posting on my Clipboard this past week for NaBloPoMo.

Why?

I posted every day for the first half of the month, even though I didn't think some of the posts were the most entertaining or meaningful.

When I tried to write a funny or meaningful post after the middle of the month, I was stymied and the daily NaBloPoMo prompts did not inspire me.

DAGNABIT!

I think this failure highlights one of my personality faults.

DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO! (or write/talk about)

Yes, I signed up for the voluntary task to post once a day on my blog and I meant to fulfill that promise.

Truly.

I got busy with life and my booth and at the end of the day, I was too tired to write on the Clipboard. No excuse, I know, especially after I made a commitment.

I admire my bloggy friend, Jill of All Trades. Even when she thinks she doesn't have anything to say, she sits at the computer and types a stream of consciousness to create a post. I may have to try her approach. However, it could be scarier than my dream posts!

All of this is just to say that I will try to post every day until the end of January.

Promise.

If I don't, just know that I'm cranky. At my age, that's all the explanation required!

4 comments:

  1. I get to tired to even read the blogs some days after I work. It is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those prompts were just awful and did not give me any thought to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked the link and I still don't know what NaBloPoMostands for. A little help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month.

    BlogHer provides writing prompts for every day of the month in case you don't have a topic to blog about.

    Even with the prompts, I've not be successful with this effort! :-)

    ReplyDelete