Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Pioneer Woman's 'Katie's Roasted Corn Salad'

The Sister and her family came over for dinner Saturday night. I made the PW's corn salad, found on pages 26-27 on her cookbook.

Pretty, isn't it?
The Husband, The Sister and The Brother-in-Law all liked this dish. Instead of a traditional lettuce based salad, this was a refreshing change of pace for our dinner.

The nieces did not like it, at all.

The 7 year old made a face after she tasted it.

The 4 year old told me "Do not make this again, Aunt Cindy."

Little squirt!

Edited to add:
I should have said I did not follow the recipe exactly. I used canned corn, instead of fresh off the cob. I also did not grill the vegetables, because it was too stinking hot to fire up the Hasty Bake Saturday afternoon! Even with these modifications to the recipe, all the adults scored the dish as an 8, on a 10 point scale. Pretty good!

1 comment:

  1. You just got back from vacation and cooked dinner. They would have liked it minus everything but the corn.

    ReplyDelete