Monday, June 21, 2010

A Summer Weight, Hand Embroidered and Hand Stitched Quilt

If you know me in real life, or you've read this blog for a while, you know that I love to go to estate sales, flea markets and antique stores. On our recent roadtrip, we stopped in at a very nice antique mall in Russell, KS and we found a great item.

It is a summer weight, hand embroidered and hand stitched quilt.

It fits perfectly on our queen size, guest room bed.
One of the hand embroidered panels:
Another panel:
Can you tell how thin the quilt is? Also, if you enlarge the picture, can you make out the hand stitches that quilted the top to the bottom?
Another shot of the quilt on the guest bed, with some of my peacock embroidery pieces. Can you have too much embroidery in a guest room?
I fell in love with this quilt when I first laid eyes on it. And, best of all, it was only $49. That's right forty nine dollars! As in, 4 and 9.

I couldn't believe the price because the maker of this quilt invested hours of time in it's creation. I will treasure it!

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent find! I love it and now I sit here in extreme envy. Some family member let this jewel go. It looks like it is in wonderful condition.

    ReplyDelete