Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Couscous Salad With Green Onions and Feta Cheese

We went to see new momma Tracy on Sunday and I took her some of my Mom's Macaroni Salad, which she loves.

As I was making the salad for her, I decided I wanted some for myself and I also wanted my couscous salad.

The ingrediants are couscous, chicken broth, green onions and feta cheese.
Prepare the couscous according to package directions, substituting the chicken broth for water. After the couscous has cooked and cooled, add chopped green onions and feta cheese to taste. Mix well. Place in refrigerator to chill thoroughly.
Typically I use plain couscous, but I thought I would try the tri-color for added visual interest.
Isn't it a pretty salad? It's tasty too!

4 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you posted this recipe! Reasor's had couscous on sale this week, so I bought a ton of it, haha! This salad will be PERFECT for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious and very refreshing. To be tried for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No spices, just broth, onions and feta?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, yes no spices. The chicken broth adds enough salt and flavor. At least for me it does!

    ReplyDelete