Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Breakfast Tablescape

I'm having breakfast in the sunroom. Will you join me?

The table is set with a vintage Irish linen tablecloth.
The china is cheerful.
We'll have juice with our coffee.
Cream or sugar? I'll get the jam and jelly when the toast pops up.
Don't worry about crumbs, we'll just sweep them away.
Our chicken friend is bright and happy this morning.
Are your eggs scrambled or over easy?
Hope you enjoyed this pleasant start to the day!

Tablecloth: Vintage from garage sale
Linen napkins: Vintage from estate sale 
Silverware: Unidentified sterling from estate sale
Dishes: Ekco International "Spring Bouquet" from Goodwill
Glasses: Vintage Forest Green depression glass 
Chicken Pitcher: Wedding gift 16 years ago
Sugar & Creamer: Rodney Kent hammered aluminum* 
Toast & Jam holder: Continental "Wild Rose" hammered aluminum* 
Crumber: Everlast hammered aluminum*

*I have a large collection of vintage hammered aluminum built over the years by scouring flea markets, estate sales and antique malls.

I will be linking up with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday. Follow me there!


10 comments:

  1. I love breakfast any time of the day. Your tablescape is delightful. I have a few pieces of the hammered aluminum. I adore your toast rack! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sunny and cheery! Love the crumb catcher..got one from my aunt when I got married. The toaster holder is something I have always been looking for, have not found the right one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, sunny tablescape. Loved all of your china and your aluminum pieces, too. I have a few, but mine aren't old. I enjoyed seeing what everything was. Thanks for the descriptions!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the green and yellow! So bright and pretty! Perfect for spring. I also fell hard in love with your chicken pitcher!! I need to find one!
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have set a beautiful tablescape breakfast in your sunroom. This is my first time joining the group. I love your sunny yellow dishes and depression glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice way to start the day! Lovin' your pretty tablecloth-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I enjoyed your post! What cheery dishes! And adding the emerald green glasses was a great touch! They both look great on that pretty tablecloth. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Cindy! LOVE your toast rack! I have NEVER seen one like that with the jam pots on each end! That is really cool!!! Whatever happened to the days when crumbers were routinely used? Sigh! :-( They are such an invaluable tool, and I love it when we go to a restaurant where the server comes 'round with it after each course. Your china works really well with the table linen, too. They were meant for each other! :-) Thank you so much for entering the Mikasa Giveaway I'm hosting. I will announce the winner tomorrow. You guys sure didn't make it easy on me! Have a great evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful, I'll see you in the morning! ;-)~

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty table!! And I see more of your aluminum pieces!! :-)

    ReplyDelete