Monday, March 14, 2011

Closet Cleaning

Since the first of the year, I have spent a couple of afternoons going through my closet and drawers and filling bags with clothing to donate to Goodwill. I donated several large bags as a result of those efforts.

I am encouraged to continue on the quest for a well edited wardrobe by being a faithful reader of Susan Wagner's blog, The Working Closet. This post encouraged me to be even more ruthless than I was earlier this year. I spent a couple of hours today making decisions about what to keep, donate or discard. I ended my efforts with another 3 large bags to donate.

Obviously, I've been in denial about a lot of the clothes living in my closet. :-)

I have dozens and dozens of empty hangers and it feels as if my closet can breathe now. I have more decisions to make, but at least I can now see the remaining clothing on the hangers!

How about you? When's the last time you cleaned out your closet?

1 comment:

  1. it does feel good....I had my car full this fall with bags to goodwill. I hate it when the closet is full and i cant get things hung up!

    ReplyDelete