Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Lunch Tablescape

Because it is spring and because the birds are chirping, I put together a tablescape to celebrate.

I began by layering one of my vintage tablecloths over a white cloth.
I love the details in this cloth. The man with the shovel, the woman supervising his planting efforts and the birds flying above the tree.
Look at their cozy home, with birds in the trees and also on the ground.
I opted for a very simple place setting.
The bright white reminds me that spring is a clean slate and the blue of the water glass reminds me of a brillant sky.
Aren't the little bird bowls cute? Every bowl has a different bird.
I happened to have some birds nests for the table. I wonder when I'll see eggs in them?
I look at this table and think serene thoughts. What do you think?

Tablecloth: Vintage, purchased years ago
Linen napkins: Recent estate sale purchase, $1 each
Silverware: Reed & Barton stainless steel, wedding gift 16 years ago
Dinner and salad plates: Bed, Bath & Beyond, Fitz & Floyd Everyday Bone China, Nevaeh White
Bird bowls: Made for American Airlines by Hall China Co., antique mall purchase - 8 @ 25 cents each!
Blue glasses: Goodwill purchase, $2.50 each
Wine glasses: Riedel; included in charity silent auction basket
Bird nest centerpiece: $5 garage sale purchase years ago

I will be linking to Tablescape Thursday. Click over and join the party!



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and cheery tablescape. Love the pretty blues and vintage tablecloth.
    Newest follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. love vintage tableclothes! and those bird plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage tablecloth...perfect with the little bird plates. Have a great weekend, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tablecloth is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen! Your spring tablescape is my favorite so far. It's so cheerful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and cheerful. Love the color combination and your glasses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The motif on your tablecloth reminds me of the French Faience called "Quimper.' Fresh and charming. The bird plates are wonderful. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete