Friday, May 21, 2010

Mom's Macaroni Salad

We are attending a birthday party in Oklahoma City Saturday for our nephew-in-law, Tim. Tracy (our niece) is organizing a lot of food, so I volunteered to make a dish. Tracy loves my Mom's Macaroni Salad, so I made a triple batch. :-)



Mom's Macaroni Salad
2 stalks celery (chopped)
1/2 small white onion (chopped)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups cooked macaroni
2 hard boiled eggs (chopped)
 
Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Lightly mix in macaroni. Chill for 1 hour. Enjoy!


My mom began making this recipe when I was 8 or 9 years old, so it's been a family favorite for the past 41 years. 

The taste of this salad makes me happy and I hope it makes you happy also!

3 comments: