Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spiffing Up Our Kitchen - Part 2

Great progress has been made on "Project Spiff Up The Kitchen."

Things that have been installed:
  • granite countertops
  • under mount sink
  • faucet
  • garbage disposal
  • under cabinet lights with separate switch
Unfortunately, the plumber said some bad words: "You have a leak in your wall." Not what you want to hear when you own a 95 year old house. Sigh... More conversations on that topic to occur.

To the topic of backsplash tiles. If you knew me personally, you would think that I would spend hours and hours on research. You would also think I would have to see every possible combination of tiles against the new granite and the existing floor tiles. You would lastly think I would bring home multiple tile samples for a review that would last days/weeks/months.

You wouldn't know me very well, if that is what you thought.

A tile store is nothing but overwhelming. When I get overwhelmed, I go with the simple, understated selection. Fortunately, I'm the person that knows what I want the minute I see it. I "feel" what is right.

We did bring home two tile options to see in our "native" lighting environment. I'm sure we will be able to make a decision tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted on our progress. And, there will be before/after pictures when the project is complete!

Have you ever "spiffed up" your kitchen? What did you do? Were you happy with the end result?

2 comments:

  1. No kitchen spiffing at this house. I want to badly but I have just come off paying 8 years of college tuition for two kids. This year we are just enjoying the novel idea of actually having a little extra money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see some picture!!!

    ReplyDelete