Friday, May 7, 2010

The Kane County Flea Market

The Husband and I began the journey from Indiana back to Oklahoma last Sunday.

Have I told you that we used to live in North Aurora, IL? We transferred there 10 years ago for my husband's job. Since we were within an hour's drive of our old stomping grounds, and since it was the first weekend of the month, I successfully negotiated a slight detour to attend the Kane County Flea Market. The KCFM is one of the best in the nation. I absolutely adore it. 

Here I am giddy with excitement upon entering the grounds.

Yard art, anyone?

The Husband on the hunt for treasures.

They were selling hundreds of ears of corn.

The weather was absolutely perfect for walking this huge flea market.

I picked up some great vintage linens that I need like a hole in the head, but whatever! 
If you ever have the chance to attend the KCFM, I highly recommend it.

While we were in the neighborhood, we drove by our old house, which happens to be for sale. Unfortunately, the national housing market down turn has had a negative impact in that area of the country. The house is on the market now for less than our purchase price 10 years ago when it was brand new. Very sad, but a good buy for someone.

3 comments:

  1. One of these days, I sooooooooo want to go to the world's largest garage sale (the one that passes through 5 states). I love those pictures of the yard art ... especially the multi colored rooster !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I am going to cross post this entry on facebook. The yard art is delicious. You know you bought something, come one... you can tell us... we all all friend here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina: The world's largest garage sale is also on my list of things to do.

    Lifeshighway: Happy to have you cross post this entry! I resisted purchasing any yard art, can you believe it?

    Isn't it funny that both of you have gnomes as your photos?

    ReplyDelete