Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Donations

I've recently visited a few thrift stores. I found 18 little ceramic shoes priced at $1.99 each.
Each shoe had a range of dates, in addition to a woman's name.
Are these place cards for a ladies group?
How did these shoes end up in a thrift shop?
Did the custodian of the shoes die?
Did the custodian's family not know any of the shoe ladies?
Aren't they cute?

I loved them. However, I left them.

P.S. The ceramic Easter Eggs mentioned at the end of this post are still at the thrift store. They were half price. I still did not purchase them, even though I thought about it.

3 comments:

  1. how interesting, they do kind of look like a place card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting and beautiful. Someone in their family would love to have a shoe with grandma's name.

    ReplyDelete