Monday, May 30, 2011

Potato Salad and Memorial Day

I hope everyone's holiday weekend was as nice as ours. We didn't do anything fantastic. We decorated family graves, shopped a bit and generally stayed around the house and took it easy.

The Husband smoked ribs and I made potato salad. I found the recipe in the "Colorado Cache" cookbook.
Prospector's Potato Salad is found on page 94.
The final result:
The Husband and I both thought the salad was tasty. The inclusion of diced cucumber gave it an interesting texture and flavor. Next time, I will tweak the recipe a bit by reducing the sour cream from 1 1/2 cups to 1 cup, using fresh dill and adding some chopped celery.

Do you own a copy of "Colorado Cache?" If yes, which are your favorite recipes?

2 comments:

  1. We had a wonderful Memorial Day! The morning was spent fishing with my husband's mother and sister, then we went to have a cookout for my grandpa's 80th birthday. It was blissful, and I'm glad to hear yours was nice as well.

    The potato salad sounds so cool and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that looks very yummy. I did the hammock time most of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete