The world has been taken over by vampires. Again.
Does anyone, besides me, remember Barnabas Collins?
He was the sexy vampire of the 1960's soap, Dark Shadows.
I vividly remember rushing home from elementary school and watching Dark Shadows.
Did you?
Did you love Barnabas, as I did?
In these modern times of "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob", I am still "Team Barnabas!"

3 comments:
I have to admit, I watched it too. How mild it was in comparison to today's vampires. I tried to watch True Blood but couldn't get into it.
I have been a dedicated member of "Team Barnabas" since the original run of the series. There will never be a vampire like him. He was so romantic--when not being the bad boy--and could melt your heart with those big, hazel puppy-dog eyes. You just wanted to pat his head, give him a hug, and tell him that it would be all right. Poor thang, he never got the girl he desired--something was always happening to his lady loves. As played by Jonathan Frid, Barnabas was, indeed, a sexy vampire. He had this way of walking and he looked great in his suits and period clothing, especially his capes. With his cane in a hand adorned with a huge, black onyx ring, he cut quite the dashing figure. He had an awesome head of hair and a sexy voice--deep and refined. Barnabas was a gentleman to the core, and always regretted and grieved over what he had done as a vampire. I'll never forget his shadowed face: looking handsome, sad, and lost. A man out of time.
I have been a dedicated member of "Team Barnabas" since the original run of the series. There will never be a vampire like him. He was so romantic--when not being the bad boy--and could melt your heart with those big, hazel puppy-dog eyes. You just wanted to pat his head, give him a hug, and tell him that it would be all right. Poor thang, he never got the girl he desired--something was always happening to his lady loves. As played by Jonathan Frid, Barnabas was, indeed, a sexy vampire. He had this way of walking and he looked great in his suits and period clothing, especially his capes. With his cane in hand, adorned by a huge, black onyx ring, he cut a dashing figure. He had an awesome head of hair and a sexy voice--deep and refined. Barnabas was a gentleman to the core, and always regretted and grieved over what he had done as a vampire. I'll never forget his shadowed face, looking handsome, sad, and lost. A man, out-of-time. In a word, he was MAGNIFICENT.
Post a Comment