Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shelves For Everyday Dishes

I'm adding more shelves in several of my kitchen cabinets. My "temporary" (7 years) plastic racks finally got on my last nerve.

Before:
After:
About 6 years ago, the Fiesta dishes were given to me. The original owner had tired of them and was going to take them to Goodwill. She told me I could take what I wanted first, so I selected everything in these colors. There were many dishes I did not take because I didn't like the colors and they all ended up at Goodwill.

I took the Fiesta because what I was using were cheap Peir 1 dishes I'd had since before The Husband and I married. They went to Goodwill and the Fiesta collection took up residence.

I am now VERY tired of the Fiesta.

The colors were never what I would have purchased. I'm more of a primary color girl as opposed to a pastel color girl. If these were bright purple, red and orange colors, I would not be tired of them.

What kind of dishes do you use every day. What color are they? Are you tired of them?

If you are tired of your dishes and they are bright, bold colors perhaps we should trade?!

1 comment:

  1. I use plain white. A nice, soft white. Any food looks good on white.

    ReplyDelete