Friday, September 24, 2010

Vintage Tablecloths

If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know that I love estate sales, flea markets, antique malls and the occasional garage sale.

One of the categories of things I collect is linens. Lovely, lovely linens. Old tablecloths and napkins. Side table scarfs. Embroidered anything!

I have a lot of items. But, it's okay because I use them!

Recently, I was happy to loan a number of vintage tablecloths to my niece Amy. She used them for a neighborhood celebration of their local park. Read all about it here.

For me, one of the saddest things about going to estate sales is purchasing beautiful, wonderful, UNUSED items. What were the previous owners waiting for?

The moral of this story is, whatever vintage items you may own, get them out and USE them!

Please!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love the patterns on vintage tablecloths. They just don't make them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete