Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dean Koontz

You've heard of the author Dean Koontz, haven't you? He's a prolific, successful author and I enjoy his books tremendously. I read an interesting article about him in USA Today recently:

Author Dean Koontz builds a dream home, dream career.
By Carol Memmott, USA TODAY

I found several pieces of information in the article interesting, but most particularly this; and I quote:

"The whole American celebrity fascination kind of creeps me out," says Koontz, who has never done a national book tour, hasn't done a TV interview since the 1990s and has done few book signings in the past few decades. (The logistics of setting up book-signings for rock-star equivalent authors like Koontz can be close to impossible.) "I'd just rather not be part of it."

A self-confessed homebody, Koontz rarely takes a day off, doesn't know how to send an e-mail and doesn't want to learn, hasn't flown in 30 years and has no interest in world travel. "There are a lot of things I just don't do which leaves a lot of extra time in my life" for writing."


I think it is very interesting that this man is so creative and is such a homebody. I have to wonder if he would be even more creative and prolific if he traveled the world?

I'm sure I will continue to look forward to and love his books. I definitely enjoyed a small peek into his private world.

No comments:

Post a Comment