Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions?

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, do you?

Of course, I want to lose weight. Who doesn't?

And of course, I shouldn't drink so much or eat so much or eat such unhealthy food.

The reality is, however, if you make New Year's Resolutions on these issues, chances are you fail within the first couple of weeks in January. Then you are set up to be disappointed in yourself and eat more and drink more and gain more weight.

Can you say mouse wheel?
Mmmm...maybe I would lose some weight if I got on that mouse wheel?

No, no...back to my original train of thought!

Last New Year's Eve I said to myself, "I want to meet new and interesting people."

It wasn't a resolution. It was a wish.

My wish was fulfilled by:

1) networking and being invited to join a book club
2) attending Tulsa Blogger Meet-ups, organized by Tasha Does Tulsa

It's funny. At the book club, I think I'm the youngest person. At the blogger meet-ups, I'm usually among the oldest attendees.

Perhaps one of my 2011 wishes should be to find yet another group of interesting people who are my age?

What's on your wish list for 2011? Whatever it is, I hope you obtain it in the coming months.

Happy New Year!

Mouse clip art licensed from the Clip Art Gallery on DiscoverySchool.com
New Year's image from "Karen's Whimsey"

2 comments:

  1. I like this quote by Henry Morse. Don't ask me who he is, I just read it someplace and it made the word "resolution" much more accommodating.

    "I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's."

    I still like to think in terms of goals for a new year, though. Can't help it. Part of it is reflecting about all that was left undone last year, I think. (BTW: I left a rely to your comment on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to attend a blogger meet up. How did you find out about the one in your area?

    ReplyDelete