Sunday, January 16, 2011

Illness & Dreams

I've not posted in a few days because I've not felt well with sinus and ear infections.

I haven't had a ear infection in years and years and years. My ears hurt so bad a couple of nights ago, I called my mommy and asked her for my magic, pink silk pillowcase. When I was a child and had earaches, she would put the pillowcase on my pillow and tell me to rub my ears on it. It distracted me, made me feel better and gave the medicine time to work.

Now you know how bad my ears hurt for me, at 51 years of age, to phone my mommy, who is 79 years old, asking for my pink silk pillowcase!

I saw the doctor and got some meds, so I'm on the road to recovery.

I always dream a lot, but when I'm sick the dreams come fast and furious. Last night I had two very different dreams.

The first dream involved saving the world by assisting an Asian ninja assasin. The details are really fuzzy.

The second dream had The Husband and I purchasing a trailer home at a lake. The former owners did not clean the trailer. The wife would cook and then put dirty casserole dishes and dirty tupperware in plastic garbage bags and store them in the back of the cabinets. I kept pulling out bags of dirty dishes and getting hysterical. My husband kept telling me, "Throw them away!" I kept saying, "These dishes are too good to throw away! I must wash them!" The last scene in the dream was me trying to soak the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink.

Maybe I had that dream because I left a pan soaking in our sink last night? Yeah, that could be it. First thing I did this morning in the kitchen was clean that pan.

I do solemnly promise you that I do not put bags of dirty casserole and tupperware dishes in the back of my cabinets. Cross my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're on the road to recovery! We've been getting over sickness here some too. I also have pretty weird dreams a lot of times -The other night I had 1 where I stopped to take pictures of this beautiful snow wall when there was a lady who was trying to hide from people in a flying car and then a talking cat appeared - I was about to go an adventure with the woman and the cat when my husband woke me up!

    ReplyDelete