Friday, January 7, 2011

Do You Have A Home Inventory?

If you were to suffer the loss of your home, would you be able to provide your insurance company a complete list of the contents and their values?

We could not provide a list of all our possessions. Oh sure, we could quickly list the big items, but the smaller items would be easy to overlook. Much less being able to remember, under pressure, when and where we purchased the items and how much they were worth.

For a long time, I have wanted to complete a home inventory. However, it is one of those things that is extremely easy to put off.

The Husband found the Compartments application today in the new Mac Store. I purchased the app and I am planning to inventory our entire house. I started tonight by beginning to enter the contents of our living room. The app is easy to use and I like that you can add photos of the item and/or scan receipts to attach to the file.

I'll give you a report in a couple of weeks of my progress and what I think after working with the app for a while.

Will you think about completing a home inventory?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will see how hard it is through you. I have so much stuff it seems impossible.

    ReplyDelete