Friday, March 5, 2010

G.R.I.T.S.

As you know, our niece is getting married on Saturday. I wrote about the wedding in this post. We are having a family brunch/wedding shower on Saturday morning and I made two Sausage & Grits casseroles for the party Thursday evening.

As I was stirring the grits, I thought about a cute little store I used to frequent when I lived in Houston a number of years ago. It was named G.R.I.T.S., which stood for Girls Raised In The South. That was the first time I ever heard that phrase and I thought it was cute. In addition to being cute, evidently it's good business. You should Google the phrase to see the results.

I'm a Girl Raised In The South. Are you?

2 comments:

  1. I am a girl raised in the South!!!! My waistline can vouch for that! I can't wait for the grit casserole!!!! UMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently had Gorgonzola grits at dinner party. OMG!The creamiest, yummiest ever. If you like that strong flavor, it'd be worth experimenting with.

    ReplyDelete