Monday, March 22, 2010

The Weekend

The weekend certainly didn't turn out like I expected.

I developed a scratchy throat on Tuesday and as the week progressed, my symptoms expanded to include headache and coughing. I medicated myself with DayQuil and NyQuil, and went to bed, hoping it would pass.

When I started wheezing, I knew I needed to see my doctor. Fortunately, they were able to work me into his schedule on Friday.

My weekend has consisted of keep track of my meds, coughing, wheezing, sneezing, sleeping and reading two books in preparation for a book club meeting I've been invited to attend this week.

The book to be discussed is Half Broke Horses, by Jeannette Wells.

I also read her book, The Glass Castle, to have the background for Half Broke Horses.

Have any of you read these books? If yes, what did you think?

P.S. I also watched it snow on the first day of spring in Oklahoma. I didn't have the energy (or the heart) to take a photo.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love yours!!! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete