I just turned off the tv and sat down, thinking I'll close my eyes for a minute and enjoy the quiet.
Hey, Internet. It's not quiet.
I opened windows and doors this morning to air out the house and now I hear everything that is happening both in the house and in the neighborhood:
- The wind sighing through the trees
- Leaves skittering across the driveway
- The house creaking
- The neighbor's wind chimes tinkling
- The water filling the refrigerator's ice maker
- The timer on the china cabinet lights ticking
- A plane overhead
- A distant train whistle
- The dryer buzzer
- A car
- A motorcycle
- Birds chirping
- Dogs barking
- A fire engine siren
I love having the windows open in the spring when household noise and outside noise combine.
What do you hear when you open your windows?