Monday, November 16, 2009

The Weekend

The Husband and I went to Norman, OK this weekend.

We attended the OU - Texas A&M game Saturday. We had a great time at the game, but the most fun was had spending time with our extended family.

Below is a picture of The Husband and nieces Mary and Tracy.
Plus, we spent time with Mary's fiance, Joel, his family and roommate. Joel and his mom, Pam, below. (Inside joke.)
OU was well ahead at half time, and I was happily impressed with how the OU crowd respected and appreciated the Texas A&M marching band. My GAWD...the band was superlative! This is a video I found on You Tube. It's not the performance we saw this weekend, but close.

I said the obvious to The Husband, "The kids in the band work just as hard as the football team." I was proud of all the OU fans as they stood, cheered and applauded for the A&M band.

OU won the game BIG - which is what students, alumni and fans want.

We stayed at the Sooner Legends Hotel. If you ever want to be overwhelmed by OU photos and yearbooks, please schedule a weekend here. Oh...my...goodness!

The hotel bar was quite a hoot. They have karaoke on Fridays and Saturdays. We went in to get a bite to eat & drink and ended up enjoying quite a show!

Sunday morning, as we were leaving the hotel, The Husband took a lot of photos of the OU sports history pictures that line the walls of the hotel. Here's a photo I took of him with a mural of the famous Selmon Brothers!
As we drove to Norman on Saturday and as we drove around Sunday morning, The Husband reminisced about his freshman year at OU.

This weekend was great! I'm so glad we got to experience it together and with our nieces!

1 comment:

  1. I am certainly glad you had a blast with the girls... but now I have to go take a pill for this headache that suddenly came on... too much crimson does that to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete