Monday, November 30, 2009

Pioneer Woman's Hot Artichoke Dip

I have a favorite artichoke dip recipe that I have been using for years. It's a good, simple recipe that friends and family love.

When I got the Pioneer Woman's cookbook, I vowed to make every recipe because they all look so good. Sunday, I made her Hot Artichoke Dip found on page 30.

It is different from my standard as it uses cream cheese, green onions, cayenne pepper and salt/pepper. But I thought, "Give it a try, Cindy. It's got to be good."
Here's the final product.
I enlisted family members to taste test for me. Here are the Sister and The B-i-L taking their first bites. The Sister gave it a thumbs up!
I used a bit too much cayenne pepper, so the dip was pretty spicy. It got your attention, so to speak. The consistency was different from my old recipe, due to the addition of the cream cheese. The green onions were a unique taste in the dip also. Unexpected, but good.

We all like PW's dip, but ultimately decided my old, simple recipe was our favorite. It is found in the Stir Ups cookbook on page 29.
Jeannine Bower's Hot Artichoke Spread

1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and chopped
1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Lemon juice to taste
Dash of Tabasco

Combine all ingredients. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Serve hot with assorted crackers.

I think the next time I'm asked to bring an appetizer to an event, I will make the PW's recipe again (with less cayenne pepper) and ask for additional comments.

Have you made the PW's artichoke dip? If yes, what did you think of it and what kind of comments did you receive?

Now, which PW recipe do I prepare next?

3 comments:

  1. I make it almost the same way except I add 1 package of fried, crumbled bacon. Yummy. No lemon juice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon? Hmmmm...may have to taste test this addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to crack the cover of my copy of the cookbook. Plan on it during the many holiday events. That one looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete