Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments - #2

Tuesday was "do over" day for the salt dough ornaments.

Our next door neighbor, David, loaned me his marble rolling pin and surface. It was much easier with these tools to roll out the dough, cut the shapes and pick them up without distorting them! And, let me just say this rolling pin is awesome!

David helped with the first batch by supervising me and poking the holes in ornaments before they were baked.
Here is the batch just out of the oven. Look...no puffy ones!
All the ornaments are thin like this:
Baking them at 200 for 1 1/2 hours did the trick.

I researched salt dough ornaments this week and found this project for Thanksgiving. Very cute. I need to review this blog more closely because it appears has lots of fun projects.

Now that I've had one good batch of ornaments, I only need 4 or 5 more for our party on December 6th! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment