Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bleah

I've had a stomach bug since Sunday. How much chicken noodle soup, juice and popsicles can a person consume? I cancelled my trip to Houston this week and stayed abed Monday and Tuesday. I worked today, but finally cratered after about 8 hours. I'm operating at about 70% efficiency.

I feel guilty about not working Monday and Tuesday. That's what happens when you are a virtual employee and have a fully functioning home office mere steps away. Technology is wonderful, but it can prevent you from getting the rest you need when you are ill. Plus, even though everyone says, "Take care of yourself.  Rest." What they really mean is,"Take care of yourself. Rest. But do your work and deliver on time." I just couldn't do it this time. So, I'll be playing catch-up the rest of the week and into the weekend.  :-)

So, how's your week been so far?

1 comment:

  1. And you still have a smiley face at the end? Mine has been frustrating. I can't upload pics to my blog. This has been an ongoing problem but has worsened and I don't know if I should get a new computer, or if it is my router. I just updated my Hughes network modem but it hasn't helped. The rain left last night, but it is a sloggy mess around here. I tried planting flowers today and the holes filled up with water before I could get the plant in. I could go on but I won't bore you. Needless to say, you wouldn't want to see what I put at the end of this rant. Hope u feel better!

    ReplyDelete