Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh...Pancake!

The project I'm assigned to gives me the opportunity to work with people of many ethnic heritages and people who have been privileged to work in many different cultures from around the world.

One of the folks is married to a native of Azerbaijan and was able to work there for a number of years. There are many languages spoken in the country, Azeri is the most widely spoken, but Russian is also spoken.

This person told me the word "blin" in Russian has two definitions. One is "pancake" and one is "damn." He worked with a woman who said "blin" a lot.

Our little team has adopted "PANCAKE" as a polite way to express frustration without offending any of our other co-workers.

We have to have fun where we can!

1 comment:

  1. I used to say "snapfish," to hide a real curse word my mother didn't want me to say. She figured it out! :) lol

    ReplyDelete