Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let the Cooking Commence

Preparations for Thanksgiving dinner began this morning. I pulled out my trusty binder.
I turned to the Cajun Fried Turkey recipe and assembled all the ingredients.
I mixed everything together and am now allowing the seasoned liquid to sit for 1 hour before beginning the process of straining it through a coffee filter. It will take a couple of days to complete this task. 
I previously posted two short videos that show how the seasoning is applied to the turkey. You can find them here.

I will now work on my grocery list using my tried and true method to ensure I only make one trip to the store! I'm planning to be there bright and early Monday morning. How about you? When will you do your Thanksgiving shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment