Monday, November 28, 2011

A New Word

A friend gave me this lovely book a few months ago.
I've referred to it several times to answer specific questions, but have not reviewed the entire book. I decided to start that effort tonight and, lo and behold, I learned a new word.

Preprandial: of, relating to, or suitable for the time just before dinner
< a preprandial drink >

According to Merriam-Webster, this word is in the bottom 30% of look-ups on their site. You think?

I challenge you to use this word in casual conversation sometime in the next 7 days. If you manage to do so, would you come back here, leave a comment and tell us the details?

3 comments:

  1. not sure if I will use the word, but want to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used the word yet, but I have to say that I shelved a book about tablescapes at the library the other day and it made me think of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love setting tables, but I think that word is a bit pretentious for my crowd! :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete