Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wild Animals

Did you think I forgot this blog? I took a break from here and it continued longer than I thought it would. I have a few stories from our trip to New Mexico that I wanted to share with you, but I just never got around to it. I'll start with writing them and we'll see if that process kick starts my blog mojo!

While we were in Taos, we met a bartender. Imagine that! (sarcasm) 

He works at a nice restaurant and was so entertaining, we went to dinner there twice. During our chats, he told us he lives outside of Taos proper, on a bit of acreage. 

On our first visit, he told us he has a dog. Actually a 1/2 wolf, 1/2 German Shepard. A wolfdog! On our second visit, he told us he has a couple of cats. One of which is a 1/2 cat, 1/2 bobcat. A pixie-bob! 


I've met a wolfdog before, but never a pixie-bob. How about you? Have you ever met a hybrid animal?

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be rare indeed. I was told by a vet that there has never been a documented cross by housecats and bobcats, though if a tiger and lion can procreate...that is through invitro. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete