Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saganaki

I'm still telling stories from our October trip to New Mexico.

One evening, our friends took us to Nick and Jimmy's Restaurant. We sat at the bar (surprise!) and started our evening with this appetizer:

Saganaki - Flaming Kasseri cheese with toasted pita bread

Yes, you read that right. Flaming cheese!

I had never tasted Kasseri cheese. Have you? I had never tasted Saganaki? Have you?

We are going to attempt to make this delicious appetizer at home. With a fire extinguisher near, of course.

I searched for a "how to" guide and found a number of videos on YouTube. Click here.

It's a great tasting appetizer and looks like fun to make. I'll let you know what our results are!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, you are brave. Looks very interesting! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete