Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our Halls Are Decked (Mostly)

Our house is decorated for Christmas. Mostly.

It's taken me several days to get to this point and I must report that there are still a few things laying on the table that need to be either displayed properly or put back in storage. I won't even tell you about the things I left in storage because I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with them.

In years past, I have rapidly unpacked ALL the decorations and deployed them to appropriate locations within the house the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year not so much. I have been trying to figure out why I've been so lackadaisical about decorating, but The Husband beat me to it. I don't have anything to push me to complete the task, since we are skipping our annual open house for neighbors, friends and family. That's it. The Husband hit the nail on the head.

In previous years, I had to have the house decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving because the following weekend was our open house. I didn't have time to dilly dally with decisions on decor, when I had to make sure the house was clean, the menu finalized, the groceries purchased and the food cooked.

Obviously, I only decorate rapidly and thoroughly when I have a looming deadline. With no deadline, I meander around and put a thing here or a thing there and then stop to contemplate what is next.

You know what? I'm going to not stress about it. I'm going to enjoy meandering around and changing how I display our decorations. I mean, it doesn't have to be finished until the 24th, am I right?

How about you? Are you decorated yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment