Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Oneida's Queen Bess Silverplate Pattern

A couple of months ago, my mom gave me custody of my paternal grandmother's silverplate service. They had not been used in years (and years), so I cleaned them up and immediately used them in tablescapes here, here and here.

I tried a few times to identify the pattern, but with no success. (I think I made myself cross eyed a couple of times looking at so many patterns on-line!) In the tablescape posts, I always noted that I did not know the pattern name and needed to research it.

One of the great things about the internet is it connects you with people who know stuff you don't know! Bella commented on one of the posts and told me that she thought the pattern was Queen Bess, because she had the same pattern from her mother. Sure enough, I looked on-line for Oneida's Queen Bess pattern and it is the same as my grandmother's pattern.

This post is to thank my new friend Bella for identifying the pattern for me. I really, really appreciate your help!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I was able to help you. Isn't Queen Bess such a beautiful and collectible pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that worked out nicely! I also enjoy meeting so many neat people through my blog- yourself included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my understanding 1946 Queen Bess is a collectible even some older patterns are not considered collectibles. Just thought I would let you know so take care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Anonymous for your comment.

    I am planning to take good care of this silverpate pattern. I have nieces who will inherit this set of Queen Bess from their Great Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete