Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Tablescape & Dinner

I threw together a quick 4th of July tablescape this afternoon. I started by layering one of my United States map tablecloths over the white one already on the table.

I used our Syracuse China restaurant plates. What could be more American than diner plates?
I added a flag motif paper plate along with the matching napkin.
I wanted to use my blue goblets, but I only had four and I needed five. My solution? Mix and match with red goblets!
I had the same issue with my corn on the cob dishes. I have four in the Star of David glass pattern and four in Shawnee Corn. So, again I mixed and matched those, as well as the butter dishes.
In the center of the table is a red, white and blue glass ice bucket, paired with pewter candlesticks. I must remember to pick up some blue candles!
We had ribs, macaroni salad, corn on the cob and fresh sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. Yummy! I believe the ribs, hands down, were the best The Husband has ever smoked.
There was face painting.
There were sparklers.
There was a spirted session of "Red Light/Green Light" and, of course, we watched the big Riverparks fireworks show. A very good time was had by all!

How was your 4th?

Resources:
USA Tablecloth: Christmas gift from The Husband
Syracuse China plates: Flea Market (owned by The Husband before our marriage)
Utensils: Paternal Grandmother's Silverplate
Red, White & Blue paper plates & napkins: Estate Sale
Shawnee Corn corn holders: eBay
Star of David glass corn holders: antique mall years ago
Blue Goblets: Goodwill
Red Goblets: Won in a BNOTP contest
Red, White & Blue ice bucket: Estate sale
Candlesticks: Flea Market (owned by The Husband before our marriage)

No comments:

Post a Comment