Monday, July 11, 2011

This & That

Where have I been and what have I been doing? A little of this and a little of that!

I'm spending a lot of time working on Cindy's Cupboard, which makes sense because it's a new venture. I will tell you that going to multiple garage and estate sales daily, plus lugging merchandise to the antique mall in this lovely Oklahoma heat is draining. Very draining. Additionally, setting the displays in the booth is physical labor. Reminds me of my first job at TG&Y. Setting counters is hard work!

The Husband and I ate out both Friday and Saturday night last week. I think the whole effort of cooking at home was too much for us in the heat.

The Sister had to take her youngest daughter to a birthday party on Saturday and she asked me to keep her oldest daughter. Miss Alison wanted to redeem an IOU I had given her on Valentine's Day. The IOU was for either a movie, a shopping trip, or a trip to the playground. I took her to Cindy's Cupboard to add a few pieces of merchandise and then off we went to a movie, Cars 2, which was cute and funny. Afterwards, we went shopping at Hobby Lobby and purchased a couple of art projects, one for her and one for her sister.

Sunday afternoon The Husband and I drove to Lake Keystone looking for blue green algae, but didn't see any.

Early Sunday evening, The Sister cooked dinner for her daughters, us and Mom. It was very tasty. I'm going to have to try her chicken recipe, which was like a home made "Shake N Bake."

On our way home, we stopped at one of our favorite Tulsa restaurants, The Brasserie, to say good-bye and good luck to Chef Justin Thompson. Justin will be opening Juniper at 3rd and Elgin in a couple of months. We can't wait to dine there and experience his skill in developing new recipes to delight the palate!

So, what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment