Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update on Buford

As I reported on June 26th, Buford - the mascot for Harvard Meats - was injured in an encounter with two children.

We recently stopped in to purchase some of the fine meats available there and I took the opportunity to inquire about Buford's condition.

He is currently recovering inside the facility. His horns have been re-attached.

Left:
Right:
I was not aware until this visit that Buford has also suffered from a broken tail. He was a bit embarrased to let me take this photo, but finally gave permission:
I had planned to tell all Tulsans to go visit Buford and give him a hug or a pat, but he is very skittish now and has posted a sign on himself asking that people "don't touch please." I can't say that I blame him.
Buford did seem to enjoy my conversation with him. The fact that I was interested in his recovery seemed to perk him up.

Go now and visit Buford! Cheer him up and buy some meat! You'll won't regret either!

NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with Harvard Meats and was given no compensation for these posts. We patronize the shop because they are a locally owned business and they have great meat. These posts are simply a by product of my strange sense of humor!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update of Buford's recovery. I had been concerned for him. Although sadden that he is no longer outside art but inside art :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, glad he's back in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Buford. Children can be so cruel! Looks like he'll heal quite well, if he can get over his embarrassment.

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone BROKE Buford?? Damn kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little guy...dog gone it...oops cow gone it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering what happened to him!

    ReplyDelete