Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Colorado Renaissance Faire

We attended the Colorado Renaissance Fair on Saturday, July 24th. It was such a fun time. We were greeted by a jester, a fairy and a wench at the front gate!
We entered the festival grounds and saw a lovely fairy talking to the children and dispensing "fairy dust."
Afterwards, we saw a beggar, who was mean and funny at the same time.
We saw "Charles Dashing" and "Prince Charming":

We made new friends:




We saw King Henry VIII and his court, but I was too slow to get a photo.

I've told The Husband we are going to "dress" next time we attend a Renaissance Fair. But, I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to be royalty or a wench!

har de har har

The weather was perfect for a day outdoors. Temperature ranged from mid-70's to mid-80's, which is why we were in Colorado and not in Oklahoma!

If you have never been to a Renaissance Faire, I encourage you to try it at least once. The actors are great, but the most fun is watching the crowd. The people who attend in full costume are worth the price of admission, trust me!

3 comments:

  1. It's been years since I've been to a Renaissance Fair, but I know my girls would love one. I'll have to see if there are any in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such fun. Great pic's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been in a long time, but used to thoroughly enjoy the RenFair outside Atlanta in the Fall.

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete