Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ladies of the Night

I joined a book club more than a year ago and have really enjoyed getting to visit with new people and to read and discuss books I would not normally select for myself.

Book club met at my house last night and a good time was had by all. Everyone brought a dish to share and the drink of their choice. Last night's spread of food was varied and delicious.

We had planned to host local author, P.C. Cast, for the evening, but she was unable to make it at the last minute. We hope to reschedule with her soon to discuss her wildly popular House of Night series.

One of the newer members of the club asked if we had a name. The club has been in existence for years and evidently had a name at one time, but it's use lapsed long ago. Suggestions were made and a unanimous vote resulted in the adoption of a new name, "Ladies of the Night."

We selected A Visit From The Goon Squad as our next book. Have you read it?

Are you a member of a book club?

2 comments:

  1. Good name. I used to be in a garden club we called the Venus Flytraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun. I love the name! Used to belong to a book club, actually two, but they keep folding because of in-house bickering crap. They were much younger gals and still in the high school mode of junk. So sad really. I will have to look that book up.

    ReplyDelete