Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Hot Mess

I mentioned in this post that my hair had suddenly become a hot mess. The last time I had my hair done (cut & color) was approximately 10 months ago. Yes, that's right, 10 months ago!

I became really, really tired of the maintenance of my hair. Since I was no longer working in a corporate role, I decided to let it go. Go it did.

My hair has always grown thick and fast and this time was no exception. In the two weeks leading up to our Canadian trip, my hair had become so hot and heavy I was using a very attractive clip (not) to keep it off my neck.

When I returned to Tulsa, I scheduled an appointment with Sam at Samuel Grayson Salon & Spa and here's how I look today:
Better don't you think? With the length at my shoulders and a little judicious thinning, I am so much more comfortable.

I like it!

The Husband also likes it. He said he was beginning to think I was going to become one of those religious women who never cut their hair. I told him I could become a lot of things, but not that.

What do you think?

NOTE: My mother has always said of her gray hairs, "I earned every one of them, why would I cover them?" I have now officially adopted my mother's policy. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I have not gone since May for a cut and no color since Oct!! I need to go call my guy right now!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think you've inspired me to go get a haircut- lord knows I don't want to end up like "one of those religious women who never cut their hair" hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete