Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hello, my name is Cindy and I'm an...

Overpacker!

If you follow me on twitter, you know that this past week I have been in Calgary, Canada.

I arrived home this afternoon and immediately unpacked my suitcase. I had the expected dirty clothes, but I also unpacked the following CLEAN clothes:
  • two pairs of pants
  • two shell tops
  • one cotton, 3/4 sleeve top
  • one set of "unmentionables"
  • one swimsuit and cover-up
All of this after The Husband challenged me to not pack too much and I removed several items from my suitcase before leaving last week.

I'm better at packing than I used to be, but I still think I need to take extra items for "just in case." This is not a good thing nowadays, since the airlines are so strict about suitcase weight and are quick to charge extra fees.

How about you? Are you an overpacker? If not, how do you decide what items you need to pack?

P.S. Photos and commentary from my trip will follow in a day or two!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I've done that. Still do but there are times when there isn't enough clothes. That can be a problem. :)

    ReplyDelete