Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What You Do NOT Want To See First Thing In The Morning

What I saw when I came down the stairs to the kitchen. Notice anything wrong?
Mmmm.
I have to bend over to get to the bottom of the sink. I didn't have to do that yesterday.
I don't think it's supposed to be like this.
Thanks goodness the sink held the water and the granite didn't crack. Needless to say, I was on the phone to our contractor first thing.

Sigh. Dealing with this is not what I planned to do today.

P.S. Did you know soaking pots, pans, racks, etc. in water with Cascade will loosen the most stubborn of baked on gunk? It will. It works well on oven racks, which is what I was soaking when this happened.

Update:
My sink is now back in it's proper place, with a healthy re-application of bonding agent and some snazzy new braces. The contractor claims it won't even move in a tornado. Let's hope he didn't curse us this tornado season with that statement!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hate dealing with grown-up stuff like that. I'm glad you got it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you died. Last year, my daughter dropped one of the watermelons I grew in her sink and the same thing happened.

    ReplyDelete