Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Springfield Cashew Chicken

I made a new recipe from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen, Springfield Cashew Chicken. Pretty, isn't it?
For me, the problem is it didn't taste like Gee's East Wind Cashew Chicken from Springfield, Missouri.

Make no mistake, it was tasty.  Especially when adding soy sauce after it was plated. I will make this recipe again, but I'll know it was not what I remember from Gee's.

I may have to have a cooking party with my sister and my friend (who was born and raised in Springfield) to see if we can re-create the sauce. Lord knows, we ate our weight in Cashew Chicken when we were young, footloose and fancy free a mere 25(!?!) years ago.

Mmmm...do you think the 25 years has anything to do with my problem?

Are you from Springfield? Do you have a Cashew Chicken recipe? Would you share it with me?

1 comment:

  1. You'll be happy to know the Leong family has opened a restaurant - Leong's Asian Diner.

    Yu-u-my!

    David Leong created Springfield-Style Cashew Chicken nearly 50 years ago and is involved in the new restaurant. His brother operated Gee's.

    ReplyDelete